The Care Team
Pastoral Care at USSB
“Nurturing a spirit of connection and support in times of need.”
The USSB Care Team is here for members of the Unitarian Society who are going through a tough time or a big life transition. We are here to offer a supportive presence, to help in transition, and to provide an environment of hope and growth.
There are three main ways to contact the Care Team:
- Email USSBcareteam@gmail.com
- Care Team hotline: 805-265-3681
- Speak directly with one of the Care Team members or with one of our ministers. Our Care Team members are Bruce Hanna, Eileen Bunning, Mark Hamilton, Carol Schwyzer, Linda Beers, Judy Fontana, John Altman, and Peter Hale.
Messages for the Care Team are kept confidential among the team.
Members of USSB should call the Care Team if you or someone you love is experiencing:
- Major life changes, such as the loss of a loved one, loss of employment, divorce, or retirement
- Isolation because of age, mobility problems, or for other reasons
- Spiritual crisis
- Other personal life transitions
- Health problems, illness, or hospitalization: The Care Team is extending the kind of help available and the way it is delivered. Let us know what you need. Please be specific.