Our Chancel Choir is now rehearsing in Parish Hall on Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 9:00 p.m. All are welcome.
USSB MUSIC MINISTRY VISION STATEMENT
The Music Ministry at the Unitarian Society of Santa Barbara . . .
- Amplifies and intensifies worship themes through creative and innovative use of repertoire, musicians, space, and other artistic elements
- Deepens the spiritual and transcendent experiences for the congregation as individuals and as a whole
- Inspires individual and community engagement by nourishing our best selves and supporting us in our work for justice
The Music Ministry at the Unitarian Society of Santa Barbara aspires to . . .
- Maintain the integrity and expression of music and worship in harmony with UU Principles
- Sustain a music ministry that embodies and enriches the worship experience
- Be a welcoming and inclusive congregation by broadening activity and participation by ethnicity, generations, identities, and lived experiences
- Promote Interfaith collaboration
- Use music to generate a vision of the beloved community we hope to become
Develop resources for expansion and growth to . . .
- Increase outreach and connections to the larger SB community
- Cultivate and nurture greater diversity in music selection, choir members, and instrumentalists
- Explore how music can expand awareness and help dismantle systems of oppression
- Maximize the benefits of technology to enhance the music program
August 11, 2021
Music is a vital component of our worship services at USSB. The mission of the music program is to create an atmosphere of inspiration and reflection. Using diverse repertoires, styles, languages, and presentation, we offer music that weaves together mind, heart, and soul.
Our non-audition choir shares the musical responsibilities for most services. Our membership has a wide range of ability yet still maintains a high performance standard.
The music program is a ministry based on sharing the joy of music. As the flame brings the chalice to life, music illuminates the tapestry of our lives.
To contact our Music Director, Matthew Griset, email email@example.com, or call (805) 956-4583 x226.